[thelist] Form generated in JS doesn't work in IE

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Fri May 30 09:23:40 CDT 2008

kasimir-k wrote:
> IE doesn't see a select's options as normal elements - that's the reason
> we use
>
>     new Option(text, value);
>
> instead of
>
>     document.createElement();
>
> and for the very same reason we can't use
>
>     mySelect.appendChild(myOption);
>
> but must add the options to the select's options array
>
>     for (i in myArray) {
>        var myOption = new Option(text, value);
>        mySelect.options[] = myOption;
>     }

Now
/for (i in myArray) {
        var myOption = new Option(i, i);
        mySelect.options[] = myOption;
        }/
throws up syntax error (/mySelect.options[] = myOption;/)
--

Kind Regards

  Chris Price
  Choctaw

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder while
Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Lonsdale Partners, Priory Close,
St Mary's Gate, Lancaster LA1 1XB . United Kingdom