[thelist] CF: Can't create Verity collections

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Jun 4 10:14:34 CDT 2008

We've just moved to a new server with CF 8 (love the server
monitoring). Since, however I can no longer create Verity
collections, nor can I seem to map the ones I've physically placed
from the last server (v. 7.01)

At first I got one error, thought it was permissions, chmod -R 777'd
it. Now I'm stuck with this, and all the googling in the world and
the Adobe KB articles I've found havne't helped me move forward.
Here's my current error. Can someone suggest a direction?

____ Start error

Unable to create collection [domain name goe here]_verity_index.
An error occurred while performing an operation in the Search Engine library.
Error opening a workspace.:
com.verity.organize.WorkSpaceCreationException: K2ODK unable to
create directory for new workspace, check permissions and available
space [K2OdkErr_WSDataDirCreateFailed]. (-5143)

___ End error

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.