[thelist] IE6 latency

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 04:33:06 CDT 2008

On 11/06/2008, neal at constructweb.com <neal at constructweb.com> wrote:

> On this page
> http://ncaa.com/Home/Default.aspx
>
> everytime I click on the top nav the page empties - (except the red nav bar)

I don't see it quite like that, sometimes the page empties totally -
but that red nav bar comes back *very* quickly.

It seems whatever is immediately after the red nav bar (the XHR script
perhaps) is taking a while.  Other browsers might be composing the
screen in a buffer too.

It would be better if the scripts were at the bottom of the body
element (rather than all over the place), or attached to the
body/window onload event if you can handle them executing after the
rest of the artefacts have been downloaded (not usually good enough
for me).

Also looks like you have XHR in lieu of (accessible)
server-side-includes, if you have no caching directives on those

Those HTML validation errors won't trouble IE6 rendering, they're only
unrecognised attribute values and missing attributes, nothing
structural.

--
Lee