[thelist] FireFox 3

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:55:38 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Joel D Canfield <joel at bizba6.com> wrote:
> Some of the default behaviours are incredibly annoying. I start typing
> my own web address in the address bar, and instead of going to the
> history and matching me letter by letter, it does some random search as
> if it as suddenly become smarter than me.

It's not random. I hated it at first yesterday. It takes a few hours
of getting used to. The more I use it, the more it seems to pick the
result I want as the first result. I don't know if it's keeping track
of visit frequency or whether I'm just adapting to how it works (even
though I can't verbalize it). But, yes, it is called the "awesome
bar", and I don't really find it awesome.

> I hate it. I don't know how I can hate FireFox, but I do.

Well, a new version of Opera just came out...

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA