[thelist] FireFox 3

Manfred manfred at manfredk.com
Wed Jun 18 12:07:21 CDT 2008

Just went to the Download Site at downloade FF 3 with NO problems.
Installed no Problems.
About 4 or 5 of my Add Ons were NOT Compatible with V 3 so FF disables
them automatically. Otherwise all went smoothly and I now have FF3 installed
Nan Harbison wrote:
> Wow, that is sobering to hear. I was JUST reading this article:
> Firefox 3.0 Record Download Attempt Crashes Mozilla Servers
> Mozilla hopes to successfully complete 5 million downloads of the Web
> browser in 24 hours and set a Guinness World Record.
> http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/browsers/showArticle.jhtml?arti
> cleID=208700161
> I was about to go get it. Maybe I will wait. Does it import your
> bookmarks/favorites from 2.0? Do all the plug ins we know and love have new
> downloadable versions that are compatible with 3.0?
> Nan
> Joel Canfield wrote----------------------------------------
> Just installed it. Instantly regretted it.
> Virtually none of the addons/plugins work (not unusual, just
> irritating.) Plus, it overwrote my old version without asking or telling.
> (Was that the default before? I don't remember.) Yes, I could have been more
> careful. With FireFox, I didn't expect to have to cover my backside.
> Some of the default behaviours are incredibly annoying. I start typing my
> own web address in the address bar, and instead of going to the history and
> matching me letter by letter, it does some random search as if it as
> suddenly become smarter than me.
> Overall look and feel fairly screams "Look! We're turning into Internet
> Explorer!" I do not want to re-learn the browser from scratch after I've
> spent two years customizing it to behave exactly as I wanted it to.
> I hate it. I don't know how I can hate FireFox, but I do.

websites, web design, hosting, e mail setups, extensions integration,
upgrades to existing sites
51, Myrtle Road, Jeffreys Bay 6330
Tel: 072 728 5400
Fax: 086 6954199
Email: jbis at manfredk.com <mailto:jbis at manfredk.com>
Website: www.manfredk.com <http://www.manfredk.com>
Skype Me^(TM)! <skype:manfredkjbay?call>
Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download> and call me for free.