[thelist] FireFox 3

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Wed Jun 18 12:14:01 CDT 2008

*On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:43:16PM -0400 Nan Harbison <nan at nanharbison.com> wrote:

> I was about to go get it. Maybe I will wait. Does it import your
> bookmarks/favorites from 2.0? Do all the plug ins we know and love have new
> downloadable versions that are compatible with 3.0?

Bookmarks come over fine as well as passwords.  Config settings as well.

However, many of the plugins have yet to upgrade.  Some, not all, but some are
still useable by chaning a setting in about:config. See
http://blog.rjmolesa.com/archives/2008/04/28/firefox-3-beta-broken-plugins/
for the details.  I'm not a fan so far either, but there is one
advantage over the previous versions.  It's faster.  Long standing
memory leaks have been plugged
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.0b1/releasenotes/.  I installed
the beta3 a while back and was upset that it broke firebug.  However
firebug had a beta out as well.  Now that 3 is out of beta I suspect
that the plugin authors will release upgrades shortly.  I'd wait 3-4
weeks.  But I looks nice on the Mac.

--
Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net