[thelist] FireFox 3

Jay Turley jayturley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 13:27:02 CDT 2008

Wow. So much negativity... :)

I installed FF3 with a new profile so that it didn't overwrite FF2 and
its settings. Most of the extensions are being brought up to date as
we speak. All of the extensions *I* use are supported, and firebug WAS
available, you just have to search at addons.mozilla.org

I love the browser. I love the smart bar. And I'm glad I installed it
with a separate profile because it means a lot of the cruft floating
around my FF2 installation is gone. And yes, you can copy stuff from
one profile to another.

IMHO, it's fast and clean. I'm sure people are having problems with it
just like any other new piece of software. But that doesn't mean we
have to be all reactionary. Next thing you know we'll all be clamoring
for Lynx because it doesn't have any CSS rendering problems.

Jay