[thelist] FireFox 3

sbeam sbeam at onsetcorps.net
Wed Jun 18 14:10:30 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 15:00, Matt Warden wrote:
> > There is an add-on that will let you tweak the "Awesome bar" to be more
> > like it was in FF2
> > <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227>. Found here with
>
> That only affects the presentation.
>
> "Note that the underlying autocomplete algorithm is the Firefox 3
> algorithm, not the Firefox 2 algorithm. oldbar only affects the
> presentation of the results."

it's worth noting that the "AwesomeBar" supposedly will get smarter as you
keep using it. The first day or two, yes, it is going to be frustrating - but
as it learns your habits it is supposed to become much uh - awesomer - than
the old way.

I hated it all morning too (maybe not as vehemently as some people). But I am
going to give it a go.

http://ed.agadak.net/2007/11/smartbar-to-awesomebar