[thelist] Install MySQL on Windows Server 2003

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:59:26 CDT 2008

> The first question, is are you installing this under Admin, or a user?  Also
> can you
> install anything else on the machine.  If not, then it might be a O/S issue,
> not a
> MySql issue..  Have you tried anything like Apache, or Postgres to see if
> they would
> install??
>
> Do you know that this person set it up in the correct manner??  Did he give
> you the
> rights that you need to do the items you need??

I have admin rights--I am logging in as the admin. I am not sure the
OS is correct, but I also don't know how to determine that. :)

Other software is installed. I was thinking to install VMWare actually
and install a virtual Debian and then install MySQL in there. A bit
odd, but it should work.

Thanks