[thelist] IE6-specific problem with drop-down menu

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 16:41:45 CDT 2008

2008/7/3 Charles <lists07 at wiltgen.net>:
> The issue is with the Products menu at the top of <http://kinoma.com/>,
> based on Son of Suckerfish Dropdowns
> <http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/>.

When I hover over that menu item, I get a javascript error in IE5.5
(Can't test in IE6 at the moment), in the <!-- Dynamic populating text
box --> script.

In Microsoft Development Environment (MS Office's Script Debugger),
this error is caused by the script accessing OPTION elements via
OPTGROUP elements.

However, in the IE5.5 DOM, the OPTION elements are direct children of
the SELECT element, not of the OPTGROUP elements.

Therefore the statement c.appendChild(o[0]) is failing because o[0] is
undefined.

--
Lee