[thelist] Regular Expression help (MySQL)

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 10:11:12 CDT 2008

Mattias Thorslund wrote:
> If you clean your data to a consistent format, you will be
> able to run the LIKE comparison easier.

This is what we ended up doing. We didn't have permissions to modify the
column type, or to add a new column to the table. We appear to have only
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE permissions.

I ended up modifying all scripts that write phone numbers to the database,
to make sure new entries or updates are always numeric, I then wrote a
simplistic search/replace script to UPDATE the records.

I should have been able to think of that myself :)

Thanks,

Rick.