[thelist] How to post form results into a specific frame page?

Matt McKeon matt at camadro.com
Thu Jul 10 15:20:18 CDT 2008

Jody Cleveland wrote:
> The page the form is on doesn't have any frames involved at all. I'd like to
> pass the results to the page
> http://beta.menashalibrary.org/sites/beta.menashalibrary.org/themes/salamand
> er/searchframe.html
>
> With the framename of mainFrame on that page.
>
> Does that make sense at all?
>
> - jody
>

> On 7/10/08 2:23 PM, "erik mattheis" <gozz at gozz.com> wrote:
>
>> <form target="other frame">
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Jody Cleveland <cleveland at winnefox.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> So my question is, how do I get a form to pass the results to a frame on a
>>> completely different page?
>>> - jody

This is a little fuzzy to me what you want, but let me put this out there.

Create a page (search.php) and post your left hand search to it.
Have (search.php) create the frameset pointing to the urls you want
including the search query as part of the url.

Then when the page loads, the results from the search engine should load
in one of the frames.

HTH