[thelist] GoDaddy SSL Verification

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Thu Jul 17 04:12:59 CDT 2008

Hi Fred,

>>> ...But I do get: This page contains both secure and insecure items.
>>>
>> ...You will get this mixed content error if all of the page's
>> inline-assets are not also linked to a valid SSL-protected URL.
>> [including] .js javascripts.  fix those and your "mixed content"
>> warning will go away too.
>
> We found that calling the Google Analytics JS file caused the problem.
> Moving that onto my server fixed it.

Gald to hear it!

BTW, you can just add change http:// with https:// in the google analytics
JS URL's.  Google makes it available via both ptotocols, of course.  They
have to.  Lots of secure sites use Google Ananlytics for their traffic
reports.  Copying the file to your server prevents Google from updating (or
fixing!) their code :-)

-dave