[thelist] Google analytics slowdown (was "GoDaddy SSL Verification")

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 12:06:24 CDT 2008

> I'm confused. Why would tracking script slow down a web page download?

I too am. I think there is a confusion here b/c Google Analytics is
nothing more than a call to an external JS script and should, AFAIK,
have no effect whatsoever on the page loading nor rendering. Inability
to get the script should, furthermore, not display any message.

Perhaps the original poster meant Google AdWords?