[thelist] publishing pics of vehicles - permission/protocol

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:36:50 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> Feedback please.  One of the businesses that I work is an automotive
> shop.  All sorts of vehicles come/go.
>
> 1) What's the general opinion on publishing pics of the vehicles without
> obtaining written permission of the owners?
> 2) And supposing this is done but the license plates are either obscured
> or the numbers erased with a graphics program?

Kind of guessing here...
I believe the right way to think about it is if it brings any harm to
their owners. So, showing the license plate can obviously bring harm.
Perhaps any sticker or something else peculiar to a given car could
also bring harm (help one identify the owner). I'd say that if the
license plate is erased you'd be safe.

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz
http://www.kienetz.com