[thelist] MVC, Frameworks, and the big picture

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 09:48:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:37 AM, sbeam <sbeam at onsetcorps.net> wrote:

> you get on board with a framework, then you have an advantage in maintenance
> and code-reuse, since you have not re-invented a wheel and other team members
> can benefit from the documentation and community around it. Yes, there are
> problems that the developers of the framework have solved that you might not
> have, but maybe you will have them soon. So even if you don't 100% see
> eye-to-eye with it all, that is still a plus.

You can also build your own system that solves your specific problems.
Then when you run into something new, you can look at how other
frameworks have solved the problem and implement the solution in your
own way. I find Drupal's online documentation of their code very
helpful at times.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications