[thelist] Copyright on web site.

Mattias Thorslund mattias at thorslund.us
Wed Jul 30 15:17:33 CDT 2008

Hi Andrew,

I recommend reading a little about trademarks and copyright, e.g. on
Wikipedia.

This sounds like a potential trademark issue (and not a copyright issue)
but if they aren't claiming it as a trademark (either TM or circle-R)
then they aren't claiming it as such, and from what I can tell (IANAL;
TINLA etc, etc...) you'd be free to use it.  Another thought, however,
is that since they market their product under that banner, you might be
unable to claim exclusive use of the term yourself. If you wanted to get
a registered trademark, that is. You'd need to consult a trademark
lawyer to find out however, because I'm just guessing.

Cheers,

Mattias