[thelist] UK IP addresses

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 04:38:16 CDT 2008

Hi,

All my customers are UK based, but I run their websites on a dedicated
server in the US. Because the IP addresses are all US based, this is
limiting the effectiveness of the Google UK listings for these sites. I
essentially need to have UK IP addresses for all my sites. My hosting
company cannot purchase UK IP addresses, as they are outside the UK. I don't
really want to move the entire server to a UK hosting company, as this would
be a major headache (SSL certs, databases, scripts, etc).

I purchase my domains from domain monster, so I separate control over the
domain names.

Do I relocate the whole thing, repoint or mirror the server?

What would people recommend I do?

Thanks.