[thelist] HTML editors for Windows

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Tue Aug 5 09:12:29 CDT 2008

I was wondering if anyone wants to weigh in on pros and cons of
different windows Windows HTML editors, for someone who is 100% a
hand-coder, X/HTML and CSS only... possibly some Javascript.

I have a new gig and a Windows PC in my office.  I've been using
Mac/BBEdit forever for my front end dev, it's light, simple, fast, and
has the basic tools I need (web palette, html entities, etc).  I am kind
of a minimalist, a simplicity person... for some reason I've never taken
to Dreamweaver (since v. 2 circa 1999)... but I want to be open, want to
put out there, what would you use, on a PC, if you were someone like me?

So far, I've been using Amaya.  Most people are using Dreamweaver.  I
find that I am more comfortable in the Amaya interface... but someone
told me it won't wrap lines.  That could become a problem.

Thoughts?

Thx

Erika