[thelist] open source Outlook/Exchange replacement (was RE: Dreamweaver Replacement)

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Sat Aug 16 13:56:50 CDT 2008

> may be time to switch to a *real* client, as
> we anti-MS snobs are wont to say :)

all religious wars aside, like what?

I'm seriously interested in dumping our MS dependency. My wife and I
operate three small businesses; we're the entire staff. We live and
breathe in Outlook and Exchange. We need email, shared scheduling and
contacts, and PDA syncronization without burning a lot of cycles on a
steep learning curve or time-consuming setup and config (since, y'know,
we already know the tools we use, and they're already purchased and
configured, literally years ago.) We need better spam filters without
spending a fortune.

what's the open source solution for a small office?

joel