[thelist] upgrading PHP on OS X

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:59:22 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM, John Corry <jcorry at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's the output from /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -V

Are you sure nothing in /usr/local/apache2 is a symlink?

Regardless, here's what I'd do: recompile the whole works, but this
time add '  --prefix=/usr/local/apache-httpd-2.2.9 ' to your 'configure'
command.

Then you will have zero doubt where *all* the pieces are: httpd.conf
will be in /usr/local/apache-httpd-2.2.9/conf, and so on.

I have a feeling the default configure has splashed parts of this all
over the machine, overlapping the original installation in some cases.

But I've taken the above approach on *nix and OS X systems, and it's
the easiest way to isolate versions.

HTH,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com