[thelist] PHP, ASP.net, AJAX

Barry Woolgar barry at burnthebook.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 06:09:41 CDT 2008

Hello

> I want to apply this to is my CMS that I am planning on building

> which language in your opinion is better suited to this [the server-side
portion of AJAX]

It sounds like it would make the most sense to do the AJAX backend in
whichever language you code your CMS in. All your server-side code will do
is receive a POST/GET request and return some XML - the javascript code
won't know or care how the XML is created, just that the response if a
properly form chunk of XML.

Hope that helps

Barry