[thelist] mssql stored procedure-using a variable for 'AND' and 'OR'

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Mon Aug 25 15:52:58 CDT 2008

I'm building a simple search tool (trying to use parameterised queries,
stored procs, all that secure stable stuff I've never used before.)

I want to let the visitor enter as many comma-separated terms as they
like, and select AND or OR for the search (of course, I'll use less
geeky terminology in the tool.)

I have no clue how to create a stored procedure which will accept an
unknown number of search terms, nor how to make the 'AND' and 'OR'
dynamic based on the user's choice.

Thoughts?

joel

--