[thelist] IE8 and Opera rendering of BUTTON

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:50:40 CDT 2008

Duncan Hill wrote:
> Do you have any other styling applied to the button. my Opera 9.52 on
> W2K gives an almost XP style button with text centered horizontally
> and vertically, using a transitional Doctype. (Same on XP)

Yes, the buttons are styled to fit in the design, but as far as I know,
there's nothing there to change the position of the text. Here are the
styles that apply to the buttons:

background: url('/images/layout/bg_button.jpg') #446fac top left no-repeat;
border: none;
color: #fff;
cursor: pointer;
font-size: 9px;
font-weight: bold;
height: 22px;
margin-left: 2px;

(font-family is inherited and set to Arial, mainly).

I tried setting vertical-align: middle; but I noticed that this does not
affect the position of the text in the button, but the position of the
button in relation to the line it is in (like with an image), so that didn't
work.

Rick.