[thelist] Elephant beats heroin... <tip>

Syed Zeeshan Haider szhorums at vfemail.net
Thu Sep 4 13:16:14 CDT 2008

I am sorry for the message to the wrong list. I clicked on the wrong address
in my address book. I'll be more careful in future.
I guess I owe you guys a tip. I haven't been much involved in any web site
related work lately, however, here is my attempt.
<tip>
I have been trying to build a small web browser for my specific needs with
VB6 and here is how I extract list of links from a web page with VB6.
    <vb6>
    Dim wLink  As Object
    Dim tmpURL As String

    For Each wLink In webDoc.links
        tmpURL = wLink.href
        Print tmpURL
    Next wLink
    </vb6>
IE handles each link as an object, therefore, wLink is declared as Object.
webDoc is web document loaded in WebBrowser control. It can be loaded by
using following code.
    <vb6>
    Private webDoc as Object
    Set webDoc = MyBrow.document
    </vb6>
</tip>

Hey, at least this tip is about a web browser.

--
Syed Zeeshan Haider