[thelist] Website promotion - basic steps

April Lyall april at farstrider.org
Thu Sep 4 21:44:38 CDT 2008

Whether or not CPC like Google Adwords will be effective for your
clients depends very much on their industry/service.  I've seen some
fantastic results for regional niche companies running very targeted
campaigns.  If they're competing with thousands of other more
web-established companies, though, it will just burn money.

If you do start using CPC, be sure to have good analytics on the site,
such as Google Analytics, so you can accurately say when/where the money
you spend is worth it.