[thelist] CMS: opensource or hand-roll?

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 22:58:28 CDT 2008

+1 on customizing an existing CMS (I'm a fan of drupal).  Even if you only
use the CMS for authentication, permissions and the CRUD stuff.  Why
reinvent the wheel?

Plus, when you decide that you'd rather be an adventure fisherman (and who
wouldn't, really) the next developer has a much better chance of helping
your clients.

Drupal and ModX are very very customizable, particularly if your skillset is
such that you feel you could roll your own.  I don't just mean "skinnable",
I mean you can dig right in and make it yours at a deep level - all through
"modules" so the core can continue on the path of righteous updates.

Will