[thelist] how to open a link in a div on a page

Will willthemoor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 12:50:50 CDT 2008

Hi Laura,

Why not just copy the navigation to each new page?  If you use ajax or
frames to do this, you lose bookmarking.  If a search spider finds one of
your content pages and some one finds it in via google or whatever, they'll
land on the actual page but be without navigation.

Additionally, I don't think most search spiders will follow your current
javascript links (not sure these days) but certainly anyone without a JS
enabled browser will not be able to navigate your site.

It's neat loading stuff directly but there are sometimes good reasons to
stick with good old page refreshes.

PS.  Did you hear that Xerox bought Wurlitzer??? Press release said they
wanted to make reproductive organs.
PPS. Sorry, I can't help it.

the link: http://octos.org/ooth/2new.htm