[thelist] Standrards Compliance -fine-tuning

Brent Eades beades at almonte.com
Wed Oct 8 17:36:07 CDT 2008

neal at constructweb.com wrote:
> The text IS HTML?

>> You'll want to get the text from your header image into the actual html.
>> You can hide it with css.
>>
>> we usually do something like
>> flowers</a>
>>
>> then in the css, set the bg image on the a and use "text-indent: -9999em;"

I believe Will is referring to this image:

http://www.constructweb.com/seo/images/florapedia_banner.jpg

The idea being that the important text contained in this image --
'Florapedia - Inside info on flowers and plants' -- will not be picked
up by search engines, or by non-graphical user agents. The first text
they will see is 'Birthday Decorating On a Budget'.

But otherwise a nice, clean page.

--
Brent Eades
Almonte, Ontario