[thelist] evolt.org article submission

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 18 23:23:20 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 13:01 -0700, Erika wrote:
> 2. Do we still need to put target=_blank in offsite links?  That seems
> like a significantly outdated practice to me.

I never understood this. Usually, any time a link winds up opening a new
window I didn't ask for, I close it and either drag the link to the
address bar, or sometimes to a new tab. Thankfully, Firefox allows this
on every OS where I have used it. (Yes, this includes the rare times I
have no choice but to use Windows.)

As a site visitor, I have right click and open in new window if that is
what I want.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>