[thelist] hiding email addresses

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sat Oct 18 23:35:49 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 19:04 -0400, Jono wrote:
> Can spammer bots index Flash content?  Anyone ever tried this?

Incredibly bad idea, especially without a usable non-Flash alternative.

The best idea I can think of, would be periodically expiring email
addresses. October's valid address is November's (and beyond) spamtrap.

I have some doubt that the real spammers are even bothering to crawl the
Web for mailto links (and/or e-mail addresses in text) anymore. If they
are, probably not as much as they were in 1998.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>