[thelist] evolt.org article submission

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Sun Oct 19 01:28:26 CDT 2008

This is the page we're referring to:
http://evolt.org/guide_code

It is Evolt's article submission code guidelines, published in April 2001.

Back in the olden days, when these guidelines were written, and before
browser tabs, a lot of sites, including sites like A List Apart, used
the "target" attribute to open links in a new window.  Even then, it was
a debatable practice.  Now it's deprecated too.  And IMO today we should
aim to validate XHTML strict, not transitional.

We should, and will, update these guidelines.  I've actually been making
notes about this stuff just today.

Erika