[thelist] PPT --> AVI?

Steve marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:00:55 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 01:52:21PM +0000, Luther, Ron wrote:
> Hi Gang,
>

> Although somewhat tenuously connected to webdev ... can anybody point me to a working PPT to AVI conversion program?
>
> --- Got some execs that wanna watch narrated powerpoint presentations on their shiny new toys. ---
>
> I found a PPT to MPEG trail that worked, but I still need the AVI conversion.
>
> I have downloaded 3 of these off tucows already this morning ... none of them work without putting out cash up front.  I need to demonstrate to mgmt that this will work *before* they will let me spend $$.
>
> Hence I need a "1 day free trial" version ... but one that actually works!

Not directly answering your question; But have you considered using Acrobat
9s Presenter to do this (comes with the new Acrobat 9 Pro)? Most high end
"Toys" can use PDF|Flash, and the new Acrobat uses Flash extensively.

There are some other commercial apps that offer trials or limited free
versions; One is Video Scout
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Office-suites/PPT-To-Video-Scout.shtml>

HTH

--
Best Regards,

Steve

_Mutt E-mail client:_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutt_(e-mail_client)

"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good."
	      	     -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)