[thelist] MySQL and Ubuntu8.04

David Hamilton davidhamilton3 at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 23 18:34:19 CDT 2008

phpmyadmin is just a nice graphical tool I agree, I was just using it as an
example of setting privileges for users.

If you want to use ssh to connect to mysql, I believe you have to have a
user who is able to connect from another machine other than localhost

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/default-privileges.html