[thelist] front end design: liquid design

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Oct 30 00:26:55 CDT 2008

Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2008/10/28 21:46 (GMT-0600) Bob Meetin composed:
>

>> IMHO it takes substantial, if not inordinate, effort to
>> design a site/system to seemlessly (mostly) transition between fixed and
>> fluid.
>>

> You're too fixed in your ways. Forget such a thing as a px exists. Size in em
> & % instead. With some practice, you shouldn't be complaining about anything
> except how long it took you to find out how easy it could be.

Actually I wasn't complaining nor am I fixed in my ways.  I was stating
a recognition of effort in particular for developers who put in an extra
mile to offer versatility.  Except with the jobs which I am compelled to
use pixels by client mandate (because the client uses contribute) I
typically use EMs.

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!