[thelist] ie JS array limitations?

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Fri Oct 31 16:07:09 CDT 2008

I figured it out.

It wasn't an ie overload at all.   It was a regular expression crashing.

Somehow it was working in gecko's, but IE failed on it.

I pulled this block out, and it works now.

//note: i have a custom Left and Right function

    var re = new RegExp(/^(\d){1,2}(\s){3}(\d){1,2}$/);

    if (label.match(re)) {
        waist = Left(label,2);
        hem = Right(label,2);

        label = waist + 'W x ' + hem + 'L';

Something weird in there...  not sure what I did.

I moved the regex to the back-end so its pre-matched instead of matching 
real-time, and all seems to work now.

Thanks all for the ideas.

More information about the thelist mailing list