[thelist] mp3 player for website?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Nov 14 00:08:36 CST 2008

> Client would like a nice-looking, user-friendly mp3 player to
integrate
> into a website, to play her songs without allowing them to be
downloaded.

I've used two free players. The one I use now is more configurable, the
one I used to use had a cute little button like Wimpy, or a single-song
version. I don't remember if the new one does.

The new one which I use here

    http://www.joeldcanfield.com/jdc/media/

came from here

    http://www.enricolai.com/

Yes, the site is in Italian, so I had to bring in my Spanish and
Babelfish and got it sorted out. Very configurable. I like the fact that
it gets the data from an XML file.

The old one was the player from sourceforge, used here:

    http://www.fabulousdevilles.com/gt/fd/ourmusic.asp

I don't like it as much now that I've discovered the one by Enrico Lai,
mostly because Enrico's allows a little more flexibility.

I'd be glad to offer assistance getting either set up.

Oh; and although there are recorders to allow someone to record anything
you're streaming, both of these players make it, at least, inconvenient
for someone to just grab the song.

Of course, I think if someone likes your stuff enough to steal it, you
should thank them for their interest, and ask 'em for a testimonial.

joel