[thelist] ASP Classic - What's causing this?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 12:12:25 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Todd Richards <toddr at nnepa.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone -
>
> We have a web application running classic ASP against a MS SQL 2000 Server.
> Over the past month or so, when I try to run some of the features of it I
> get a pop up "Opening THISFILE.asp", then it says "You have chosen to open
> THISFILE.asp - would you like to save the file?"
>
> Any ideas what would be causing this, and what I should start looking for?
> Because of this, I think it's affecting the application and not letting it
> process what needs to be done.

When you save the file, do you see ASP code in the file's contents or only HTML?

If you see ASP code, then the server is no longer configured to pass
ASP scripts to the ASP engine for processing.

If you only see HTML, then the HTTP content type header is just
screwed up, causing the browser to prompt you to save because it
doesn't realize the content is text/html type which can be displayed
directly in the browser.

--
Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA