[thelist] Fulltime to freelance

Paul Bennett family.bennett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:52:12 CST 2008

Hi all,

For various reasons, I'm looking to move from fulltime work into freelance
based work.

I have around 8 years professonal development experience, as well as a
growing list of freelance clients.

I support a family consisting of a wife and 3 (soon to be 4!) children, so
I'd need a base of consistent income to keep the wolves from the door for a
while! At this point I'm less concerned about money than I am about
improving the amount of enjoyment I get from my work and having more
flexible working arrangements - something most employers where I'm based
don't provide.

Any advice from thelist from anyone who has done this successfully?

Thanks for any advice,