[thelist] Fulltime to freelance

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 13:40:16 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:

>>>It's the "business people" -- end users or their representative(s)
>>>-- that define use cases, scenarios, feature requirements, NOT the developer(s).

> I respectfully disagree.  The biz folks may own the reqs, scenarios, and the like but I would certainly not agree that they are solely responsible for developing and defining them.

My earlier comment was in response to someone's suggestion that
Agile means developers spontaneously create features without any
input from the client. And that's simply wrong.

It's absolutely true that Agile requires the ongoing collaboration of
all concerned. Absolutely.

But the overall project goal is to create an application that addresses
an *end user need*. That's the starting point for the collaboration. And
each individual feature of the app get spec'd, prioritized and built the
same way, as a team.

> I think the consultative approach should be imperative.

Without it, it's not Agile. :-)

(Happy hiking!)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com