[thelist] background color opacity but solid color text?

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Fri Nov 28 12:16:18 CST 2008

Will wrote:
> This page seems to break down the details:
> http://www.mandarindesign.com/opacity.html

maybe also check out this:

Me, I've always used a repeating background image (png) with the opacity
set in Photoshop.  Works in modern browsers, but not IE6.
example: http://www.poww.net/policies.html

You could do a conditional comments to: "take advantage of the enhanced
features offered by Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and later versions,
while writing pages that downgrade gracefully in less-capable browsers
or display correctly in browsers other than Windows Internet Explorer."

That text was taken right from Microsoft, can you tell?