[thelist] Drupal... what's with the sudden hype?

Tris beertastic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:21:16 CST 2008

I love all the advise, I feel alot closer to Drupal now ;-p
I shall install it at home and have a play, maybe do my next 'small'
project in Drupal.

Our industry is all about learning new skills and knowing that what is
technologically vital to know today, might not be tomorrow... so this
is just another rung to the ladder that is being a web professional..

On a side note, I'm seriously considering going to Uni in Septemeber
to get a degree in computer science (I'm currently self taught)...
with a view to becoming a teacher.. but mainly to fill in the gaps in
my knowledge... this thread has just made me realise that no matter
what I learn in uni.. it'll be superceeded in good time.. :-(

--
"The only people who don't make mistakes are those who don't do anything"

Give a man a fish and he'll feed himself for a day.
Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.
Anon

`We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.`
Kurt Vonnegut

`When a person can no longer laugh at himself, it is time for others
to laugh at him.`
Thomas Szasz