[thelist] My Eternal Quest for a better Time Tracker

Robert O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Mon Dec 8 09:38:44 CST 2008

Fred Jones wrote:
>> I've heard good things about http://www.getharvest.com/
>>

> I forgot to mention that I detest web-based tools. One simple reason
> being that sometimes my connection fails! Now that I have a new router
> it's a lot better, however.
>
> Anyway I also like my vital data right here in my office, where I can
> keep track of it, including backups etc.
>
> But thanks!
>
> OK, if one of these is really great, let me know. :)
>
> lol

D'oh! righto, there's one other one I remember that was pretty good.
It's a portable app called Task Coach although I found I'd have to do a
fair chunk of development to get it to sync projects etc... for multiple
users. If it's a personal tracker it's spot on - nice and simple.

http://portableapps.com/news/2008-11-17_-_task_coach_portable_0.71.3