[thelist] Scaling text

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:10:26 CST 2008

Martyn wrote:
> The minimum my site has ever been viewed at is 640 as far as I can, tell
> obviously I don't know the monitor size this was viewed on if the
> navigation wraps it looks terrible the site is currently built as 800
> (www.medes.org.uk) but I dislike the large white areas at the sides when
> viewed at higher resolutions.

Sounds like you'll may want to specify min-width: 640px; on your root
container so that it will scroll in smaller viewports - in supporting
browsers (not IE6).

> You seem to suggest there is a current way outside CSS 2.1? did you mean
> CSS 3

Actually, I meant JS interaction with the CSSOM.

I elaborated some CSS3 proposals to let you do the same thing. They are
unlikely to have wide support at this early juncture, if any.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis