[thelist] Convert Text to Image in PHP

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun Dec 14 14:37:07 CST 2008

I have not used this yet, but here's a jQuery plug-in that might help:

http://jquery.thewikies.com/sifr/#examples

ImageMagick should be able to do this via convert. I played with creating text a while go just to see, but didn't have a live need.

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/text/

convert -background floralwhite -fill "#568100" -size 200x label:"Fred Jones" fred_jones.png

convert -background floralwhite -fill "#568100" -size x100 label:"Fred Jones" fred_jones2.png

in PHP:

you can use system

system ("convert ...");

-Bob

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!