[thelist] need some software recommendations

Jeremy Weiss eccentric.one at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 12:31:22 CST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Hassan Schroeder <
hassan.schroeder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Jeremy Weiss <eccentric.one at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm needing a Windows program to analyze mysql log files that a client
> has
> > sent me. This isn't something that'll I'll be doing much of, so I'll like
> > free solution if there is one.
>
> What kind of analysis?

Client is a web dev company I contract for. They want me to analyse the
MySQL log files for the previous year in an attempt determine what sort of
load was placed on the server to help them decide how many more sites they
can place on that box, and whether they need to move MySQL to it's own box
or not. The fun part is, they don't have a clue what the server's max is
anyway, so these numbers won't have any context to them.

-jeremy