[thelist] PHP Functions

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Tue Dec 30 15:09:36 CST 2008

There are several ways to include external php scripts.  The method your
describing sounds like it could be achieved by setting an include_path
in your php.ini file.  It's a colon separated list of paths.  This would
have to be an absolute path.  Likewise the include statement in a php
script can be a relative path or an absolute path.

Example:

If I wanted to have a global library of php functions avaiable at
/var/mylibs/php/, I would define in in my php.ini file as

include_path = ".:/var/mylibs/php:/usr/share/php"

As I mentioned the various paths are separated by colons so the above
translates to:

. = current working directory of running php script
/var/mylibs/php = the path to my library of functions
/usr/share/php = is the system default library available on ubuntu

Then you place your script in that directory and reference them like so

include('myfunctions.php');

And all the functions and classes contained therein are available.

Take a look here to verify I'm passing along good info.

http://us.php.net/include/