[thelist] Geographic Location from IP Address

Hugh Miller hmiller at cfpress.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 05:56:42 CST 2009

 From the responses so far it appears that it is accurate which is
encouraging.

I've uploaded a script that will allow anyone to use this database if
they want it. If you change the values of the constants at the top of
the script and run it as a PHP file it will download the zip, create and
populate the table and output a simple query. Pretty much everything you
would need to get started.

Cheers to all who have checked for me.

Download sample at:
http://www.anelegantchaos.org/ip_to_country.txt