[thelist] Increment every value in table (MySQL)

Chris Price chris.price at choctaw.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 05:43:51 CST 2009

but I am looking for a query something like UPDATE table_name SET * = *
x 1.35 so I don't need to know field names.

Barry Woolgar wrote:
>> I have a table with only numbers in it and I want to increase every value
> by 35%.
> Assuming MySQL:
> UPDATE table SET `field` = `field` * 1.35;
> Be sure to back up first, just in case my brain is also not functioning...
> ;)

Kind Regards

  Chris Price

chris.price at choctaw.co.uk <mailto:chris.price at choctaw.co.uk>
www.choctaw.co.uk <http://www.choctaw.co.uk>

Tel. 01524 825 245
Mob. 0777 451 4488

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder while
Excellence is in the Hand of the Professional

 >> Sent on behalf of Choctaw Media Ltd <<

Choctaw Media Limited is a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 04627649

Registered Office: Lonsdale Partners, Priory Close,
St Mary's Gate, Lancaster LA1 1XB . United Kingdom