[thelist] Silent IE JS error

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:17:29 CST 2009

Hi guys, was hoping to get some help with IE debugging (browser shows no
errors, I don't have visual studio and other browsers are fine).

The page in question is at
wayaheadhypnotherapy.com/conditions_and_treatment— I have a fair bit
of a JS running on this page to make the tabs system
work in a degradable way.

A standard procedure I go through with JS is to kick off by document.writing
a style tag telling HTML to render with 0 opacity, and once everything has
loaded and the JS has done everything I finally remove that style tag to
display the page (helps avoid flash-of-content bugs and allows any JS DOM
manipulation to happen before the user sees the page) but in this case the
HTML is never revealed.

I thought it had something to do with my IE attachEvents lines 88-90:

        th3s[i].attachEvent('onclick', changeTab);
        tas[i].attachEvent('onfocus', changeTab);
        tas[i+4].attachEvent('onfocus', changeTab);

...but commenting these out still results in nothing displaying (although
code within these brackets is being executed). At an utter loss here — Check
with FF to see everything in perfect order but somewhere along the line IE
is screwing this up and not telling me about it. Any ideas?

Regards,
Barney Carroll
Web designer & front-end developer

t: +44 (0) 7594 506 381